Saturday 31 December 2011

Good bye 2011! Hello 2012 :-)

It's the last day of the year. Did some major cleaning so that the new year is swanky clean..well, least the house! :-) Starting on a clean new slate.


Still got some time on my hands after all the cleaning. Not going for a party. Want a quiet evening at home with a couple of friends.. except the couple of friends are all out.. partying :-/


So I guess it's time to sit and ponder. Get philosophical over a glass of wine. Look at all the things that was 2011. To say the least - a roller coaster ride. 


I don't know if I would call it a good year, but it was definitely a memorable one. One that I will not forget for so many reasons. When I take it apart I can't believe that it all happened in just one year. 


This was 2011!
Courtsey: www.sodahead.com
Some highlights: 

  • Last trimester of MBA 'M'
  • Bryan Adams Concert
  • Valentine's day
  • Exams
  • Getting a job
  • Mad Birthday!
  • Graduation
  • Missing friends after they have left
  • New room mate
  • Starting work
  • Losing some friends :-(
  • Girls' Night outs
  • Trips to Hampi and other random places
  • Finding some lost friends :-D
  • Painting the house
  • Quitting work
  • The usual dose of family drama over marriage
  • Starting something new on your own
  • Mom and sis home for Chirstmas
  • Some more drama and now here I am!

I don't know if 2012 is the end of the world, but end of 2011 was/is the end of my world as I have known it.
Possibilities and challenges that are so new it's terrifying; yet in parts exhilarating.

So here's my wish for 2012 - For both of us:  

That all the pain and hurt turn itself into some beautiful and creative. 

That you draw inspiration from the possibilities instead of being bogged down by the challenges. 

This should be the year we stop worrying about petty differences and plunge wholeheartedly into making dreams come true. 

This should be the year that we make as many people smile as possible. 

That it should be a year we'll never forget. 

Happy New Year's and God Bless All!


2 comments :

  1. I wish you a super duper year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get any notifications for the comments... need to change that! Anyways, Figured better late than never, so Thanks! :-) Wish you have a fab year too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs